Friday 3 February 2012

Thursday 2nd February, 2012

Back in print workshop this morning.   I revisited my water dripping on the shower door.   Didn't add as much white spirit this time.   Getting it to run down the page with the right amount of white spirit is hard.   If I use too much it spreads under the press and bleeds all over the page, kinda like the mushroom effect you get when using watercolours.   Not what I wanted, not enough and there is no real viscosity so it won't drip or move.  I've been thinking about how else I might do this and as I used knitting and stitching in semester one I've decided to try it again, this time on my prints.  As an experiment, I tried it on one of yesterdays prints, shown below.


I wanted to show the effect of the water sliding down the shower door.    I drew the water line on paper and I stitched it on to the print.



Stitching the water line on the print, was a slow process taking considerable time to do.   It reminded me that in semester one I came across the work of Ghada Amer, Annette Messagner, Kerry Mosley and  others who used stitching in their work.   To-day thanks to Fiona I found another artist Maurizio Anzeri who uses embroidery in his work also.   He stitches in to photographs of people creating another dimension that still lets you see into the original photo.    

This is the end result of the experimental  print showing the stitched waterlines against the shower door.



Below are some other  prints I did in the workshop this morning.  








No comments:

Post a Comment