Thursday 9 February 2012

Tuesday 7th Feb, 2012


Back in print workshop today and into our last week in this Elective.   To-day I wanted to try and nail the whole splash of water against the shower door without bleeding.    Last time I blogged I felt that maybe I was using too much white spirits so to day I decided to try and get it on the monoprint a little less liberally.   I flicked it on and I used my hands to clap it on, dispersing it in a much finer spray like way.   Of course after a few seconds it spreads (this being my previous problem) I didn't want it to spread too much.  Luckily it didn't and I was able to control it better.     Below are some of the results from this process.   


In this one I let the white spirits dribble down on to the monoprint, I like the result and I do get the sense of splash and water running off in the tray.


After a chat with Des I discovered another way to get this effect, using powder.   He showed me how if you scatter talc on to the monprint it lifts the ink completely with no need for white spirits and  no bleeding.   
This is what happened with the talc.




These look much cleaner and the results are not as random as using the white spirits.
 I was also looking at the plughole and the idea of washing away all the mayhem and tension that invaded my head space.   I still wanted to incorporate some stitching so these are some of the results from these ideas.








No comments:

Post a Comment